The year 2017 saw the department continue with its upward trend in terms of pass rate and quality of results in both subjects at IGCSE and A-Level.
- At A-Level the percentage of students with C or better was 53% in 2016 and rose to 64% in 2017. The overall pass rate in the subject jumped from 73% in 2016 to 100% in 2017.
- At IGCSE there was also a significant improvement from 61% in 2016 to 83% in 2017.
- At A-Level the overall pass percentage pass rate went down from100% in 2016 to 78% in 2017.
- However, it was pleasing to note that in spite of this, the quality of results improved.
- While in 2016 14% of the students who sat for the examination got a C or better, in 2017 the percentage rose up to 44%.
- At IGCSE a 100% pass rate was attained, up from the previous year.